There is nothing worse than trying to top up your windshield washer fluid and it suddenly gurgles at you then spills all over the place. Read on to discover some hacks on refilling your windshield washer fluid.
Taking the cap off a windshield fluid jug
Did you know you don’t have to tear off the the safety tab to open the jug?
- De-press the safety tab on the cap so it is close to the bottle
- Twist the cap past the stopper, remove and set aside
- Once you’ve filled the reservoir then replace the cap. It will will re-lock and this will help keep children and pets safe because remember, windshield fluid is poisonous.
You can successfully pour windshield fluid from a jug without a funnel
Pouring fluid from a windshield fluid jug can be a tricky task, here are some helpful tips that you can use to make it more successful.
First, make sure you hold the jug in a flat position not elongated. You want the handle of the jug to be beside the opening, not on top of the jug opening.
Next, hold the jug just over the windshield fluid fill cap of your vehicle and tilt the jug slightly to create a steady stream.
Finally pour the fluid slowly and stop when the reservoir is full. With these tips, you should be able to pour fluid from a jug without it gurgling back at your and spilling.
Taking care of your car in the winter time
Taking care of your car in the winter time is an important way to keep it running smoothly and safely. Here are some tips to help you:
- Check and top up any fluids including engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, and windshield fluid.
- Make sure your battery is in good condition and all terminals are clean and free from corrosion.
- Check your tire pressure and consider changing to winter tires if necessary, as they offer better grip in cold conditions.
- Check your windshield wipers and ensure your washer fluid is topped up.
- Test your lights are all in working order and replace any burnt out ones.
To ensure your vehicle is in good condition, try following these steps during the winter months and it will help keep you and your passengers safe.
Share your experience
I’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences about todays topic. Feel free to share your ideas and join the conversation! I look forward to hearing from you.
Have you taken the free What kind of Handywoman Quiz? Once you do and you’d like to chat about your results, you can book a free discovery call to speak with Tammy today.